Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Truth About Cookies

Can I recommend a great book for the whole family?

Eli has been "reading" his books lately. He basically has all of this books memorized. There are a few words out of place here and there, and some that he can't quite pronounce, but it's funny to see his independent streak coming through here as well. He started by saying, "No, I talk to the book." Now he says, "No, I will read it." Sometimes, he opens the book, pauses, and asks, "What does it say?" but he only lets us get a word or two out before he is talking over us, reciting the book.
This book has super illustrations and uses cookies to talk about some great concepts and life lessons. For example "Trustworthy means, if you ask me to hold your cookie until you come back, when you come back, I will still be holding your cookie." I'm sure he doesn't understand most of it, but the other day, we had to wonder.

The book really says reads: Fair means, You get a bite, I get a bite.
Eli's two year old version? Fair means, I get a bite and I get a bite.

Well, at least he's honest.

No comments: