Saturday, November 10, 2007

Under Nine

Lately, when offered sweets, instead of "no, thank you," I have been known to pat my belly and say "under nine."

I haven't turned them all down, and Halloween certainly didn't help matters. But, overall, I've been much more careful than I was while pregnant with Eli to avoid sugar and sweets. So far, I've gained 18 lbs this pregnancy. Even so, they estimated that Beckett was already 7 lbs and 4 oz at my 36 week ultrasound.

Eli was 9 lbs and 12 oz. Yikes! Adorable and sweet, but big.

I really want to do a VBAC (vaginal birth after c-section), so I am hoping to "keep" Beckett under 9 lbs. Not that I am incredibly excited about delivering an 8 lb. 12 oz. baby either, but that at least sounds doable.

So, if I turn down that cupcake that you offer me, don't think it's because of some super will-power. I just want to be able to hold BOTH our boys on my lap soon after Beckett arrives, not have to recover from surgery.

Save me some ice cream, because after Beckett is on the outside, I have some cravings to indulge!

No comments: