Monday, October 20, 2008

Yellow

This is the first year Eli had his own idea of what he wanted to be for Halloween- "the man with the yellow hat". I thought it was a great. Not scary, unique, and a great invitation for a cute little Curious George outfitted Beckett. I loved the idea of making his costume, which is good since I'm pretty sure this is not offered in the off-the-rack options at Target.

"I'll just buy some white sweatpants and a shirt to dye yellow," I thought. That sounded simple enough. Maybe if I started looking in spring, but I soon discovered that October is not a good month for white. Walmart, Target, Old Navy, Goodwill- no one had white sweats or jeans. I finally found some used size 10 girls jeans at Kangaroo Kids, and a shirt from the boys school uniform section at Target.

So, here's the outfit after a dip in the yellow fabric dye from Walmart. I'm still working on the hat. The felt is kind of hard to work with, and I really have no idea what I'm doing. But Eli was thrilled and couldn't wait to wear it, which is the whole point really. I had no idea how fun it would be to indulge his imagination and do these little things for him.

Good times.
Posted by Picasa